Move, Play and Explore!
Children are curious, competent and capable learners who need guidance, encouragement and freedom to learn. Led by our forest and nature facilitator this program is designed to bring our children back to nature. Relying on the natural environment to provide children a safe space to explore their interests, make new friends, learn about the land and nature through various hands on experiences and learning opportunities.
When a child's interests are considered and valued the possibilities for fun and learning are endless.
What you can expect:
• Themed weeks based on the nature / seasonal cycle.
• Emergent curriculum based programming.
• Program follows Boys & Girls Club core values.
• Child interest reports.
• Allowing children to play and explore in a safe and supportive environment.
• Program takes play into a variety of natural play spaces.
• Risk assessments will be done prior to daily program and hourly during program.
• Children must be potty trained to register.
Programming / Session Options:
Full Day: available to children ages 4-6 years old.
Times available: 9am-3pm Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursdays
***Great option for kindergarten children!***
Half Day: available to children ages 3-6 years old.
Times available for 3 year olds: 9-11:30am Monday/Wednesday Mornings or Tuesday/Thursday Mornings
Times available for 4+: 9-11:30am or 12pm-3pm Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursdays
Program Start & End Date: Fall Session - September 16 - December 5, 2019
Winter Session - January 6 - March 26, 2020
Spring Session - April 6 - June 23, 2020
Total Price: $200 for full day option or $150 for half day option. Prices are per month
Registration Opens: Winter Registration now open
Where: Boys & Girls Club of Strathcona County Main Location - 3 Spruce Ave
Open House: February 11, 2020 @ 6:30pm
For more information please contact our Nature Director Monique Lozeron at Monique@scbgc.com or call 780.667.4329
Fall 2020 Nature Program Registration Forms: Click here